Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
- “A Practitioners Guide to Internet Governance,” School of International Service, American University, November 20, 2019.
- "The DNS: History and Current Issues." Plenary presentation, UADOM Eastern Europe DNS Forum, Kiev, Ukraine. 2 December 2016.
- "Where have we come from? Where are we going?" Plenary presentation, African Internet Forum and Afrinic Meeting, Gaborone, Botswana, 10 June 2016.
- Plenary panelist, "Philosophical Thinking on Internet Development: A Dialogue Between Internet Pioneers," and Speaker, "Cyberspace Governance Forum." World Internet Conference: Wuzhen Summit. Wuzhen, China, 17-18 December 2015.
- "Computer Based Income Tax Analysis and Revenue Estimation: A Historical Prespective," FTA Revenue Estimation and Tax Research Conference, Federation of Tax Administrators, Tampa, Florida, 29 September 2015.
- Panelist, "2015: A Year of Change for Internet Governance." 2015 Canadian Internet Forum, Ottawa, Canada, 10 June 2015
- "Internet Governance and a New Social Contract,"New American Foundation, New York, 26 March 2015
- "Creation of the APNIC Cooperation SIG," APRICOT Conference, Fukuoka, Japan, 3 March 2015.
- "What's New with the Internet?" Norman Williams Public Library, Woodstock, Vermont, 17 February 2015.
- Panel member, "Building Sustainable and Collaborative Internet Governance Ecosystem," World Internet Conference: Wuzhen Summit, Wuzhen, China, November 21, 2014.
- Panelist, "Internet Governance: Challenges, Issues and Roles: A Taxonomy Discussion, WSIS+10 High Level Event, Geneva, Switzerland, June 2014.
- "Internet Governance Issues," Moldova ICT Summit 2014, Chisinau, Moldova, 14 May 2014.
- "The Ever Changing World of the Internet: Security in the Digital World," CEENET Workshop, Tbilisi, Georgia, December 4, 2013.
- Acceptance speech, Induction into the Internet Hall of Fame, Berlin, Germany, August 2013.
- "Russia, ICANN and the New gTLD Program," Moscow, 12 December 2011.
- "The I* Organizations and Their Contributions to Development," (organizer, chair, and panelist); "Enhanced Intra-Stakeholder Diversity and Intra-Stakeholder Balance in Multi-Stakeholder Internet Governance," (panelist); "Internet Governance for Mobile Internet," (chair), IGF 2011, Nairobi, Kenya, 27-30 September 2011.
- "Thoughts Regarding Multistakeholderism," Meeting of the UN Commision on Science and Technology for Development, Geneva, 24 May 2011.
- "Comments on Social Media," 3rd IJMA-MENA Conference, Damascus, 27 March 2011.
- "Public and Private Partnership Prospects," ICT4All Forum: Tunis+5, Tunis, 10 November 2010.
- "Internet Governance Viewed Through Different Lenses, Wth Emphasis on the lLens of Economic and Social Development," IGF 2010, Vilnius, Lithuania, September 2010.
- "Global Trends in New TLDs," 3rd International Conference for ccTLD Administrators and Registrars of CIS, Central and Eastern Europe, Samara, Russian Federation, 8 September 2010.
- "PKI in a Context of Internet Evolution," Arab Forum on e-Transactions, Security and the Public Key Infrastructure. Tunis, 26 January 2010.
- "Preserving an Open Internet in the Face of Terrorism," OSCE National Expert Workshop on Comprehensive Approach to Cybersecurity Addressing Terrorist Use of the Internet, Cybercrime and Other Threats." Zagreb, Croatia, 23 November 2009.
- Discussant, "Corporate Governance as Internet Governance: A Corporate Law and Operational Analysis of Key ICANN Functions," " IGF (Internet Governance Forum), Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, November 2009.
- "Greening the Internet (or rather "Greening ICT)," IGF (Internet Governance Forum), Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, November 2009.
- "Some Implications of Mobile Access for Development," Digital World Forum, European Commission, Brussels, 30 September 2009.
- "Telecomunications and the Internet: Similarities and Contrasts," RANS (Russian Association of Network Service Providers) Semi-Annual Conference, Moscow, September 2, 2009.
- "Implications of Communication Mobility and the Mobile Web for Development," WITFOR 2009 Conference, Hanoi, Vietnam, August 27, 2009.
- "Preserving an Open Internet in the Face of Terrorism," OSCE National Expert Workshop on Combating Terrorist Use of the Internet. Belgrade, Serbia, February 25, 2009.
- "How to Take Your Internet Further," and "Challenges Facing Internet Operators in Developing Countries," Internet Governance Forum, Hyderabad, India, November 2008.
- Specific ICT Problems for Remote Regions," NATO Advanced Networking Workshop on Difficult Access Scenarios: Possible Responses. Nakhchivan, Azerbaijan, June 19, 2008.
- "Emerging Technologies: Future of the Internet," 3rd Global Knowledge Partnership Conference, Kuala Lumpur, December 13, 2007.
- "ICT and Global Development: History, Economics and Politics," Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey, November 19, 2007.
- Workshop chair, "Critical Internet Resources: the Root Server System," and workshop presenter, "International Cooperation on the Capacity Building of Information Security," 2nd Internet Governance Forum, Rio de Janeiro, November 14, 2007.
- "ICT Security for Development," CEENET Policy Conference, Ohrid, Macedonia, September 14, 2007.
- "Changing Internet Policy: Experience from 17+ Countries," RANS Semi-Annual Conference, Moscow, September 12, 2007.
- "Thoughts on Internet Governance," RANS Semi-Annual Conference, Moscow, September 11, 2007
- "The Role of ICT in the Creation of Wealth in Developing Countries," IFIP WITFOR 2007 Conference, Addis Ababa, August 23, 2007.
- "ICT for Shaping the Future of Education in Africa," IFIP WITFOR 2007 Conference, Addis Ababa, August 22, 2007.
- "Information Security in an Academic Environment: Setting the Framework for Discussion," Fourth CEENet Workshop on Network Policy, Istanbul, Turkey, April 28, 2006.
- "Issues in Internet Governance and their Relationship to Economic and Social Development," Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington, October 21, 2005.
- "Information Security," Kiev Technical University. Ukraine, June 1, 2005.
- "Extending High Bandwidth Internet Connectivity to the African Research and Education Community," IEEAF-Internet2 Workshop, Arlington,VA, May 5, 2005.
- "Reflections on the Internet Governance Issue," Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, New Delhi, April 29, 2005.
- "The Digital Divide and Internet Governance," EliteX 2005 Conference, New Delhi, April 27, 2005
- "Digital Convergence and Policy Implications," USAID DOT_COM Technical Advisory Group Seminar, Washington, October 2004.
- "GIPI and Internet Policy," National Conference on Policy and Internet Development in Vietnam. Hue, Vietnam, December 18, 2004.
- Intervenant, "Quelle gouvernance de la société de l'information?" Université d'été de la Communication, Hourtin, France, August 25, 2004.
- "Some Aspects of ICT and Development," Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, New Delhi, June 4, 2004.
- "Technology Convergence and Implications for Development Aid," USAID/ANE ICT Coordinators Workshop, Athens, May 20, 2004.
- Panelist, "How the Internet can Foster Democracy," Opening Plenary Session, INET'04, Barcelona, May 10, 2004.
- "Rethinking Internet Governance: Developing Country and Civil Society Participation," INET'04, Barcelona, May 13, 2004.
- "Reflections on Internet Policy with Reference to Vietnam," 3rd Meeting of the GIPI Policy Coordinating Committee, Hanoi, April 6, 2004.
- "The Importance of Policy for ICT in Developing Countries," Workshop on Global ICT Education Program, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, October 30, 2003.
- "Changing Internet Policy: Experience from 17 Countries," South African Internet Forum, Pilanesberg, South Africa, April 11, 2003.
- "A Perspective on the Digital Divide and the Role of Policy," School of Public Policy, Georgia Institute of Technology, November 18, 2002.
- "Role of the Internet and Broadband in Bridging the Digital Divide," AFCOM 2002: The Eleventh Annual Africa Telecommunications and Information Technology Conference, Herndon, Virginia, November 11, 2002.
- "Communities, Commerce and Content on the Internet," IITC: International Information Technology Conference 2002 (keynote speech), Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 7, 2002.
- "Factors Affecting the Future Evolution of the Internet," IITC: International Information Technology Conference 2002 (tutorial session), Colombo, Sri Lanka, October 6, 2002.
- "Challenges for Today's Internet," Seize the Internet: CARNET Users' Conference (keynote speech), Zagreb, Croatia, September 25, 2002.
- Panelist and chair, Who Represents the Internet User, (closing plenary session), and session chair, Stories from Developing Countries, INET 2002, June 21, 2002.
- "Où doit aller l'ISOC," ISOC Francophonie 2002, Montréal, Québec, June 14, 2002.
- "Communities, Commerce, and Content on the Internet," M.E.N.A. Regional Telecommunications Regulatory Workshop, Rabat, Morocco, April 11, 2002.
- "Internet Regulatory Issues," M.E.N.A. Regional Telecommunications Regulatory Workshop, Rabat, Morocco, April 11, 2002.
- "A Policy Agenda for Countries in Transition to Bridge the Digital Divide," (keynote speech), eDevelopment in Southeast Europe: 3rd Regional Information Society Forum, Sofia, Bulgaria, March 27, 2002,
- "Internet of the Future: Policy Implications for Developing Nations," USAID Workshop on Rural Internet Connectivity, New Delhi, November 29, 2001.
- Panelist, "Creating Online Communities of Medical Knowledge and Trust: Tales from Two Continents," INET 2001, Stockholm, Sweden.
- "ICTs (Information and Communication Technologies) and Development: An Overview," (keynote speech), Regional Meeting of Resident Representatives: Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) for Development Workshop, Tbilisi, Georgia, April 22, 2001.
- "The Potential of the Internet for Education," (keynote speech), Bulgarian Internet Fiesta, Sofia, Bulgaria, March 1, 2001.
- "Quelques Aspects sur le Développement de l'Internet," (keynote speech), Conférence Annuelle Sous le Thème: Internet et Commerce Electronique, Tunisian Internet Week, Tunis, Tunisia, November 9, 2000.
- Panel moderator and presenter, "Distance Education: Hope or Hype," World Bank infoDev Symposium: Information and Communication Technologies for Development and Poverty Reduction,Cairo, Egypt, October 10-11, 2000.
- "Factors Affecting the Future Evolution of the Internet," 6th CEENet Network Training Workshop, Budapest, Hungary, August 20, 2000.
- "The Evolution of NYU-NET in the Context of Regional and National Networking in the U.S.A." NATO Advanced Networking Workshop: 2nd CEENet Workshop on Network Management, Ohrid, Macedonia, June 17, 2000.
- Panel member, The Internet and the Public's Health: Impact on Individuals, Communities, and the World, Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass., May 30-31, 2000.
- "Civil Society, Local Authorities and Ownership of ICT: Global Diversity and Regional Integration," Bamako 2000, Bamako, Mali, February 22-25, 2000.
- "The Internet: Reflections and Visions," (keynote speech) NATO Advanced Networking Workshop: Networking Developments in the Caucasus Region. Tbilisi, Georgia, October 15-19, 1999.
- "Quelques aspects de l'évolution de la régulation technique et politique de l'Internet," Société Française en Reseau, Les 3ème Rencontres d'ISOC-France, Autrans, January 11, 1999.
- "Internet Governance," Africa Internet Group AIG'98, Regional Internet Conference on Internet Governance, Keynote speech, Cotonou, Benin, December 15, 1998.
- "The Internet: Governance and Education." Internet World Venezuela, Keynote address, November 12, 1998.
- "Introduction to the Internet: Its History and Future Directions," Internet and Public Health Training Course, Centre for Health Development, World Health Organization, Kobe, Japan, August 31, 1998.
- "Quelques soucis au sujet de l'avenir de l'Internet," Inforoutes et Technologies de l'Information, Preparatory Meeting for the Francophone Summit, Hanoi, Vietnam, October 26, 1997.
- Lecture series on "Emergence, Growth and Impact of Global Networking," International Nathiagali Summer College on Physics and Contemporary Needs, Islamabad, Pakistan, August 4-8, 1997.
- "The Internet: A Global Perspective." United States Information Service, Islamabad, Pakistan, August 7, 1997.
- "50 Years of Global Technology," presented to the President of Pakistan and members of the senior Civil Service, Islamabad, Pakistan, August 4, 1997.
- "Internet Trends," COMNET IT: The Commonwealth Network of Information Technology for Development, Commonwealth Secretariat, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 28, 1997.
- "The Internet: Taking it to the Next Step," 6th AMIC Annual Conference, Skyways, Highways and Corridors: Asia's Communication Challenges, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 20, 1997.
- "The Internet and Development," Getting Wired for Diplomacy and Development, U.S. State Department, Washington, D.C., May 13, 1997.
- "The Internet Society's Network Training Workshops," Africa Internet Forum Donor's Meeting, Rabat, Morocco, April 16, 1997.
- "The State of the Net," Keynote speech, CAINET '97: The National Networking Conference of Egypt, Cairo, Egypt, March 31, 1997.
- "The Internet: The Outlook for A Global Multimedia Information Environment," Annual REUNA Conference, Santiago, Chile, September 27, 1996.
- "The Internet and the Business Economist," Annual Meeting of the Conference of Business Economists, New York, N.Y., July 17, 1996.
- "A Model for Training to Support the African Information and Communication Infrastructure," AFCOM'96: The Global Internet Connectivity for Africa, Herndon, Virginia, June 6, 1996.
- "Globalizing Instructional Resources," keynote speech, International Symposium on Information Technology in Higher Education, Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates, March 24, 1996.
- "The Role of the Internet in Development," (keynote speech) APS/UNESCO Network Training Workshop, Kiev, Ukraine, September 1995.
- (with Paul Cotton), "Future Computing Environments for Socioeconomic Microsimulation," Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Washington, D.C., February 16, 1991.